2 baby boy background

Friday, December 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Noah!!

I met with my family soon after announcement it was an amazing and humbling experience. Although, I was jealous and I didn't want to love them, I couldn't help but to fall in love with them. They turned into some of my biggest supporters next to family. I couldn't have asked for a better couple. We could talk for hours about the most random things, I like to believe that we knew each other before we came to this earth and knew we would be there for each other when we needed it. They are amazing! We would hangout on the weekends, getting to know each other. They came to a Doctors appointment of mine and took me to lunch, we got a 3D ultrasound taken, played get to know you games. Met their families, the grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins of my baby. It was so comforting to know them, who they were, who their families were. I could tell they wanted me to be a part of their life and that was important to me, I wanted my baby to know who I was and what I did for him.
My pregnancy continued normally, I went to the doctor 2 weeks before my due date and my doctor suggested we induce my pregnancy early because I was dilating and Noah was getting big and he didn't want to deliver a huge baby. We planned to induce me on March 5th, Thursday night so he would be born on March 6th, 03/06/09 I was pretty excited. at the same time I wasn't sure if I was ready to meet my baby, the time he grew inside me was the only time I was going to have him, I wanted to hold onto that. But I knew it was time. At the beginning of making my plan, I didn't want Spencer and Jill at the hospital with me, that was my time with my baby. But as I got to know and love them I could have imagined not having them there. I was in labor for 14 hours before I started pushing I was pushing for 1 hour, while Jill, Spencer and my dad waited in the hall, my mom was the only one in the room with me during delivery. Noah was born on 03/06/09 at 4:59pm he was 6lbs 11oz 19inches long. He was so perfect, I didn't think I could love him anymore until I heard him cry for the first time and I felt my heart grow with love for my little boy. He was born with too much fluid in his lungs so I didn't get to hold him until I got to the recovery room but I did get to kiss him before the took him to the nursery.
The first night I gave Jill and Spencer permission to hold him first while I was getting my IV out, they only stayed for about 10 mins and then they left for the night. I held Noah after they left, he was still having breathing problems so he didn't stay in the room with me that night, I wanted him to stay in the nursery. over the next 2 days we spent nearly every second together. I was released Sunday morning. My nurses
were amazing, they pulled a few strings to get me out earlier so I could spend more alone time with my baby. Being home with my little boy was amazing. A lot of people didn't agree with me when I said I wanted to take him home for a day saying it would be harder on me. But the way I look at it, it was already going to be impossible for me and I wanted those memories of him there with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment