2 baby boy background

Thursday, January 27, 2011

A new post already!?

I had an amazing experience tonight sharing my story and my testimony with the girls from Sterling's ward! I cannot thank Sterling enough for inviting me and those girls for listening! Its always such a great experience sharing my story and listening to others share their stories as well. I always learn something new or remember something significant. It is such a healing experience not only sharing my story but listening to others. Thank you Sterling and Kristi for being right by side sharing your stories with me tonight. I am truly blessed to know these two wonderful birth mothers, their examples of strength, wisdom and selfless love is absolutely amazing!
I have been thinking a lot about what I have learned though my whole adoption experience lately and tonight I got a chance to answer that question. I have learned so much, I became an entirely different person through this process but the one thing that will always stick with me is knowing how much the Lord loves his children. He loves us and wants whats best for us. You are never too unworthy to make your way back to him and he will always be there waiting with open arms ready to embrace you and never let go. I went through a period during my pregnancy, and even sometimes now, where I feel to unworthy to ask for help, and I know now that is never the case, you are always worthy to pray for guidance and help. I have also learned that selfless love can provide us with more strength that we know; that the atonement can heal a broken heart, that the priesthood can give unto us miracles, that if you ask for strength you can receive it, and that no one is ever forsaken.
Tonight was amazing and I look forward to many more opportunities to share my story with these amazing women! I love you Kristi and I love you Sterling thank you for your examples!

3 comments:

  1. Jen. You are, simply, amazing. :) I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, You are one of the strongest women I know!!! I love you so much!! Thank you for sharing your story and your experiences. You help me be a stronger and better person!!

    ReplyDelete